Thursday, September 10, 2009

Babblings from the Bride

My husband-to-be has chastised me for declaring that "we should have a blog!" and then failing to contribute anything myself. My memory of the genesis of our blog varies from his telling of the story, but I suppose that is neither here nor there. :)

Many things are happening in Weddingland, where every evening and weekend is a constant flurry of activity, and where I chant my own little mantra "must keep moving... can't stop moving" to keep pushing myself to get everything done. (Sadly, although similar to "just keep swimming, just keep swimming," my mantra is not accompanied by a blissfully oblivious sense of calm. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's time to watch Finding Nemo again.)
Mostly, I am terribly excited to move out of Weddingland and establish our own permanent residence in Marriedland, making a stop in Disneyland during the move.

Every once in a while, though, I am enjoying my brief stay in Weddingland. Addressing our wedding invitations myself was a very important part of my "dream wedding," and I know it may seem odd to some people but I enjoyed every minute of it. :) Many other "dream wedding" details have fallen by the wayside at this point, so it was really awesome to have one thing go exactly and precisely the way I wanted it to go! (Some might classify this as "control freak" behavior. I prefer "vision-oriented.")

No comments:

Post a Comment